fbpx

Railway Naukri: NTPC, Group D and other types of jobs in Indian Railways explained

Indian Railway is one of the highest employers in the world. Railway Naukri or a job with the railways is quite lucrative. It offers job satisfaction, good payroll and many other benefits. Lakhs of Indian aspire to work there but seldom know where to start. If you too aspire for job with the Indian Railways – here is a quick look at the various types of jobs offered by it, eligibility and other details.

Getting a Railway Naukri: Railway Recruitment Boards

As a government organization, all those who wish to work for Indian Railways have to apply through the proper channels. Depending on the types of the jobs, candidates have to appear for an examination and go through a formal recruitment process. Group A and B posts are filled by means of UPSC’s Civil Services Examinations. As for the other posts, candidates have to appear for the examinations conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board or RRBs.

Indian Railways is divided into nearly 19 Railway Recruitment Boards. Each recruitment board conducts separate enrollment procedures independently to shortlist and select best-suited candidates for employment. Candidates coming from different backgrounds can apply for job posts in Railway.

Also Read | Sarkari Naukri after 10th: Government Jobs you can apply for after completing your Class 10 exams

Indian Railways offers job positions at different levels. The eligibility varies for different types of job. The Railway Recruitment Board announces job vacancies at different levels along with eligibility criteria. The jobs offered in Indian railways include Gazetted- Group A and B, Non-Gazetted Group C and D, NTPC, Junior Engineer, RPF, RPSF, Act Apprentices, Level 1 and Level 2 job posts. Candidates interested to pursue a career in Railways can check the list of types of jobs here.

Railway Naukri: Type of Jobs

  • RRB NTPC: The Railway Recruitment Board conducts Non-Technical Popular Categories/ NTPC Examination for recruitment of various job posts such as clerk, traffic assistant, goods guard, junior account assistant, senior time keeper, commercial apprentice, station master and more. RRB NTPC Job roles play a crucial role in maintaining the daily functioning of Indian Railways. Candidates require graduation from any recognized university to be eligible for some RRB NTPC posts. 12th passed candidates are also eligible for some job positions of RRB NTPC. Applicants are required to pass a certain physical fitness standard prescribed by RRB for recruitment to NTPC job posts.
  • RRB Group C & D Jobs: RRB Group D exam is conducted to shortlist eligible candidates for various job posts. Under Group C  and Group D, candidates are selected for job posts such as Track Maintainer Grade-IV, helpers, Pointsman, Gateman, Porter, Assistant in Medical, Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, stores, signal and telecommunication etc. are recruited. The eligibility criteria state that for Group D exam, the candidates must have qualified CBSE Exam, Class 10th or equivalent. For some job posts, ITI from recognized institutes is required.
  • Other Jobs: The other job types in Indian Railways include, Junior Engineer, RPF, RPSF, Act Apprentices, Level 1 and Level 2 job posts, ITI apprentices, sports quota, cultural quota, scouts and guides quota and more. For Group B job posts, candidates are recruited from the serving Group C staff through selection test and interviews. 70 per cent Group B posts are filled on the basis of seniority. The remaining 30 per cent are recruited through a selection test known as Limited Departmental Competitive Examination or LDCE.

Candidates are selected for Group A posts through Competitive examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission or promotion of officers in Group B. The posts are also filled through the appointment of candidates initially recruited as Special Class Apprentices by UPSC for recruitment to Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers. Indian Railways Group A posts are also filled by transfer of an officer in service of the Government and occasional admission of other qualified candidates in consultation with UPSC. Candidates are advised to check the official websites of RRB for more details.

Get Latest Information about Sarkari Naukri here. Follow up on Twitter and Facebook.

Leave your vote

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

2 Comments

    close

    Ad Blocker Detected!

    Refresh

    Forgot password?

    Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

    Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

    Log in

    Privacy Policy

    Add to Collection

    No Collections

    Here you'll find all collections you've created before.