National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, NEET 2021 exam date will be announced soon. NEET examination is conducted every year for admission to undergraduate medical courses in all recognized medical institutes of the country, including AIIMS and JIPMER.
NTA conducts NEET examination for the admission of eligible students to MBBS, BDS and other undergraduate medical courses in medical, dental or other institutes of India. Students who are interested to appear for the medical entrance test can apply for it through the official website of NEET.
The entire application process of the entrance exam is online, including uploading scanned images and payment of fees. Applicants must read the information bulletin carefully before filling the application form. The application form can be submitted only through the official website of the NEET, ntaneet.nic.in.
NEET 2021: Documents required
The list of documents required for registration is provided below. Applicants need to upload the scanned copy of the listed documents in JPF/ JPEG format.
- Passport size Photograph of the candidate.
- Signature of the candidate
- Scanned image of Left Hand Thumb Impression of the candidate
- Class 10th certificate
- Post Card Size Photograph of the candidate
NEET 2021: Eligibility
- Age Limit: Candidate must have completed the age of 17 years before December 31, 2021.
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals can apply for the NEET exam.
- Education Qualification: Candidate must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as core subjects with at least 50 per cent marks from a recognized board. Students who are appearing for class 12th examinations can also apply for the entrance test.
The eligibility criteria to appear in the NEET examination is also applicable to the students who are interested to take admission to INIs like AIIMS.
Also Read: NEET 2021: Registration likely to begin on new website neet.nta.nic.in
NEET 2021: Paper Pattern
- NEET is a pen and paper-based test exam conducted in 11 languages across the country. Students are provided with a time duration of three hours to finish the test. The test carrying a total of 720 marks comprise questions on three subjects – physics, chemistry and biology. The questions of the test are bares on the common syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India.
- NEET carries a total of 180 multiple choice questions with four options and a single correct answer. The test comprises 90 questions of biology, 45 questions of physics and 45 questions of chemistry. Each question carries four marks. Candidates are awarded four marks for each correct answer, and one mark is deducted from the total score for each incorrect answer.
NTA evaluates the answer sheets using standard procedure and declares result on the official website of NEET. Admission to undergraduate medical courses will be based on an All India Merit List of NEET qualified students. The National Testing Agency will prepare the merit list of qualified students on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test.
Candidates can check the official website of NEET for more exam related queries. Applicants must go through the information bulletin available on the NTA website carefully before applying for the test. Candidates are advised to keep a regular check on the NEET website to avoid missing important updates.
4 thoughts on “NEET 2021: Eligibility Criteria, Documents needed for registration and other details”