MBA Entrance Exams for admission to top MBA colleges in India could be national level, state level or institute level. Candidate’s score achieved in the management entrance exam decides his/ her enrollment in the program. Different bodies conduct entrance exams at the national, regional and institutional level. The most popular entrance exam for MBA admissions is the Common Admission Test.
The Indian Institute of Management is the conducting body for the CAT exam. Around 20 IIMs and over 1000 management institutes across the country accept CAT scores for admission of eligible candidates. CAT is a national level MBA entrance exam. Other important MBA entrance exams are XAT, SNAP, IBSAT, CMAT and KMAT and more.
MBA Entrance in India
Candidates interested in the MBA program must check the academic calendar of important management entrance exams regularly. There are over 50 management entrance exams conducted every year in India for admission to top MBA colleges. A list of some management entrance exams is provided here for reference.
National Level Exams
- Common Admission Test or CAT
- Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, SNAP
- NMIMS Management Aptitude Test or NMAT
- Common Management Admission Test or CMAT
- Graduate Management Aptitude Test or GMAT
- AIMS Test for Management Admissions or ATMA
State Level Exams
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test or TANCET
- Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test or Karnataka PGCET
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test or MHT CET
- Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test or AP ICET
- Orissa Joint Entrance Exam or OJEE
- Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test, TSICET
- Karnataka Management Aptitude Test or KMAT
Institute Level Exams
- MICA Admission Test or MICAT
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test, TISSNET
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination or KIITEE
- ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test, IBSAT
- HP University Management Aptitude Test, HPU MAT
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade or IIFT MBA Entrance Exam
The common eligibility criteria for these entrance exams is graduation from any recognized university with at least 50 per cent or equivalent CGPA score. Candidates can apply for more than one entrance exam at a time. The best colleges in India for management are IIMs, SPJIMR, XLRI, IIFT and more.
Interested candidates must seek the best-suited management colleges for them and apply for entrance exams accordingly. Candidates are advised to visit the official websites of the entrance exam, conducting body and institute for further information.