Engineering Entrance Exams, as the name suggests, are the competitive examination conducted by various colleges for admission to undergraduate or postgraduate courses in India. While there are a few private colleges that offer admissions on the basis of Merit, usually the admission is done on the basis of entrance exams. JEE Main, IIT JEE or JEE Advanced and GATE are some of the national level examinations.
Apart from the national level examinations, there are a few state level entrance exams. For admission to The Indian Institute of Technology, IITs, National Institutes of Technology, NITs and other engineering colleges, students must qualify the entrance examinations. The most common entrance is Joint Entrance Examination or JEE Main. Some Universities conduct their entrance exams such as VITEEE, KIITEE, BITSAT and more. The list of some popular competitive examinations held in India is provided here.
Engineering Entrance Exams in India: National Level
- Joint Entrance Examination or JEE Main & JEE Advanced
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE
- Joint Admission Test for M.Sc or IIT JAM
- ICAR AIEEA or ICAR All India Entrance Examination
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test or BITSAT
- SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination or SRMJEEE
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test or UPESEAT
- VIT Engineering Entrance Examination or VITEEE
- VIT University Master’s Entrance Examination or VITMEE
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam known as KIITEE
- Central Universities Common Entrance Test or CUCET
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test, IPU CET
Engineering Entrance Exams in India: State Level
- Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test, known as AP EAMCET
- Andhra Pradesh Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test, known as AP PGECET
- Assam Combined Entrance Examination or Assam CEE
- KEAM (Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Exam)
- Karnataka Common Entrance Test or KCET
- COMEDK UGET or Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental of Karnataka
- Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test, known as Karnataka PGCET
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test or MHT CET
- Odisha Joint Entrance Examination or OJEE
- Telangana State Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test, known as TS EAMCET
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test or TANCET
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination or UPSEE
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination or WBJEE
For Undergraduate engineering program such as Bachelor of Engineering, B.E. or Bachelor of Technology, B. Tech, candidates must have qualified CBSE Exam, Class 12th or equivalent.
Candidates must check the eligibility, important dates and other details carefully while applying for these entrance exams. Important information about these exams is available on the official website of these entrance exams. Candidates can check more entrance exam related details on their official websites.